Thursday, March 15, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys!



Boys will be boys!  We all know it.  Whatever you try to do, they are uncompromising creatures and will do whatever they desire.  But if you search their hearts somehow you'll find their gentle being.  Like this doodle of my son in the wake of his grandfather's passing.  I was really surprised he thought of this.  It somehow reminded me of Jacob's dream after he tricked Esau and fled away, his dream with the clouds, stars, and stairway to heaven.  This one, the stick figure, represents his grandfather on his way to meet our Creator.  I'm more than happy that my child at his young age, six years and seven months as of the date imprinted in this doodle, would think of this without my constant prodding.  I know children about their age are highly inquisitive but more than academically and intellectually, I long to see him mature and grow emotionally and spiritually to live a life according to God's will and be prepared for a challenging times of his life.

He still bombards me with a lot of question about death such as who are going to heaven and hell, how do people die, and will you die if you drink and smoke?  He amuses me most of the time and sets my hair on fire, sometimes I sneak out and ask Dr. Google how should a parent answer inquiries like these.  Or, I just explain to the best of my knowledge and according to the beliefs and values I uphold.  After all we, mothers, are blessed with good, nurturing instincts.


Linking up with:
at Jared's Little Corner

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky you have a very clever son. Visiting from KIDS mine is up here Little World of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared is really quite a receptive boy at his age + to think that he has a clear concept now of dying + the after-life which not most people twice his age actually gets! kudos kuya for a job well done..hopefully, my own little Jared will be as clever + bright as you are, too! ^_^

    thanks for joining k.i.d + we hope to see more entries from you in the coming weeks..have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete