Friday, March 16, 2012

TRAIL MIX FRIDAY: Crispy Fish Fillet

For my first post on Trail Mix Friday, I want to share to you my simple recipe of fish fillet.  May I remind you that most of us Filipinos do not diligently adhere to measuring ingredients, so please bear with me for some recipes that don't have the exact proportions like this one.  Just enjoy a little experiment here and there. :)




Ingredients:
  • boneless fish fillets
  • salt and pepper
  • oyster sauce (maybe just half a teaspoon)
  • flour
  • egg, beaten + dash of salt
  • breadcrumbs + pinch of cayenne
  • oil for frying
Procedure:
  • Season fillets with salt, pepper and oyster sauce.  Marinate for at least 10 minutes inside the refrigerator.
  • Combine flour and egg then dip the fillets there.
  • Finally coat them in breadcrumbs.
  • Heat the cooking oil then fry the fillets for three minutes until they turn golden.
My Two Cents' Worth:
  •  I normally use Talakitok fillet since it is regularly available in our public market or Cream Dory when I happen to be in the grocery.  But you may also use Labahita and Tanigue. 
  • You may use for dipping sauce, mayonnaise or sweet chili sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment